2020 Vision: Generosity Initiative
As we move rapidly toward 2020, our vision has never been stronger to reach our community, our culture, and our world for Jesus Christ. With your generosity, I know that together we can expand the impact that Bridgeway is having all over the world and right in our back yard. We desire to expand campuses and minister to even more people by extending our reach to other areas in the region, starting with Owings Mills, MD.
Best Gift Offering
What Are We Asking You To Do?
We want you to get in on what God is up to! We have many 20/20 Vision meetings being held during the month of May. Sign up to attend one of these informational and inspirational meetings. Afterwards, we simply want you to pray and listen & respond to what God would have you give, as it pertains to your time, talents, treasure. You can get more information from the Generosity Initiative brochure. Work through the 21-Day Generous God Devotional, and pray what God would call you to give!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the vision?
Bridgeway Community Church was not built to just impact Howard County. Our desire has always been to reach out and impact those in our surrounding communities, and one community in particular has flocked to Columbia. The Owings Mills / Reisterstown area brings around 700 worshippers to Howard County each week, and we have filled out our 10a service! We envision providing a local worship location for those in the Baltimore County region where Bridgeway can be right in the community. Not only does this extend our mission to that area, but it allows us to further our mission right here in Columbia with more seats!
What is the need?
Through your giving, we received and spent $6m in the last 12 months to do ministry at Bridgeway. Our vision is to launch a Multi-Campus Movement, beginning with a site in Owings Mills / Reisterstown in the fall of 2017. We are praying for Bridgeway to increase its giving by $2m over the next 18 months in order to secure and prepare the building for services, which includes live worship and streamed messages. 18 Month Goal: $2 Million/100% Participation.
What exactly am I being asked to do?
We would like you to prayerfully consider what increase you may be able to give to Bridgeway over the 18-month commitment period in addition to your current giving. This would require you to complete an Intent to Give card and return it to Bridgeway during services on June 11th. We would like to begin renovations as soon as possible, so we are asking that you bring the largest possible portion of your 18 month intent on June 11th as a First Fruits Offering. For example, if you intend to give $2300 over 18 months – what is the largest portion of that $2300 that you could you give on June 11th? Perhaps you could give $500 on June 11th, and then give the additional $1800 over 18 months – or, $100 per month.
- Pray with Intensity:
Ask God to bless Bridgeway as we continue to reach the communities where we live, work, and play. Ask God to direct you about giving for the first time or giving more generously to Bridgeway’s 2020 Vision.
- Plan on Purpose:
Maybe you have financial resources that you’ve simply been waiting for an opportunity to give away; plan what you can give. Others may need to ask God for direction to re-arrange and re-distribute financial resources in order to be more generous; plan how to carry out God’s leading.
- Give Generously:
Whatever God directs you to give – give it cheerfully! And as you give, pay close attention to what God teaches you and how He blesses you.
- Cheer Loudly:
Join us at each step of the way in praising God for what He does. Own the 2020 Vision for Bridgeway’s future and be a faithful ambassador where God gives you influence.
What else will be done with the resources I give?
- We will secure a long-term lease on an excellent 32,000 sq.ft. building in a very strategic location.
- We will follow through on renovations to include a new theater, lobby, and BridgeKids space.
- We will be in a position to purchase the building during the early stages of the lease.
- The funds will assist in sustaining the early months of ministry at the new site, as God gives the increase of attenders and givers.
- A portion of the funds generated from the Generosity Initiative will be invested in projects to care for and reach our community locally and expand our outreach in other parts of the world.
- Locally, we are going to feed the community through an increase to the Community Cupboard, Bridgeway's food pantry.
- Globally, we are going to build libraries through Bridgeway's existing partnerships in Kenya.
Can I contribute something other than cash?
Absolutely. Bridgeway has a strategic partner to help you participate by liquidating non-cash resources, such as stock, vehicles, etc. To donate these resources during this initiative, please estimate the value on the intent card, and someone from the Office of the CFO will contact you.
How long is my commitment?
The Generosity Initiative for Bridgeway's 2020 Vision is an 18-month effort — June 2017 through December 31, 2018. We encourage everyone to make a commitment to an amount that can be met during this period.
What are the key dates?
- On April 23rd, we will launch the 2020 Vision: Generosity Initiative in Sunday services.
- In the month of May, informational meetings will be conducted to inform and Inspire.
- Also in May, we will all be asked to read a daily devotional on Generosity.
- June 11th is Commitment and Celebration Sunday, as well as the collection of the First Fruits Offering. We will all gather, celebrating God’s amazing grace in our lives and the vision He has given to us. Having prayed about this 2020 Vision opportunity, we will submit our written 18 month intentions.
What does Above & Beyond mean?
Above & Beyond means that your commitment and giving to the 2020 Vision should not replace your regular giving, but is in addition to your regular Bridgeway giving.
What if I don’t have much to give?
Each should give according to their ability [2 Corinthians 9:7] remembering that everyone is a part of the body [1 Corinthians 12:12-27], and it is the heart [1 Samuel 16:7] and sacrifice [Mark 12:42-44] that God honors.