Up, In & Out
Discipleship is all about following, and becoming more like, Jesus. What better way to become like Jesus than to model our lives after His? Boiled down to its simplest form, Jesus focused on three areas in everything He did: Up, In, and Out.
In January 2017, Dr. Anderson led a series entitled Jesus In Me and taught what practical things we can do to focus Up, In, and Out. At Bridgeway, we also focus on those three areas, through all our ministries and programs. We encourage you to take advantage of those specific ministries and programs that will help you be transformed more into the likeness of Jesus – Up, In, and Out!
1. UP – Jesus spent time connecting deeply with His Father.
2. IN – Jesus spent time connecting in relationships with His spiritual family.
Common Interest Groups
Join a Serving Team
3. OUT – Jesus spent time focusing on His purpose to bring hope and healing to this world that didn’t know Him.
Participate in Outreach Events
Support or Join our Missions efforts
Join a Serving Team
Sponsor a Compassion Child
To further help our congregation grow in this area of discipleship, Bridgeway Adult Christian Education developed a 21-day devotional called "Kingdom Bridges: Relating to God, the Church, and the World." The devotional focuses seven days each on the "Up, In, and Out" relationships in our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ. Nine authors contributed to this work and we are pleased to provide it as an E-book.
Hopefully, you’re ready to take steps towards being a fully-devoted follower of Jesus, by adopting our discipleship model in your own life! Here are some questions that will help you assess which areas warrant your focus:
Should I focus Up?
- Do I still pursue and experience pleasure in my relationship with God?
- Do I recognize spiritual transformation happening in my own life?
- Do I regularly notice God’s prompting in my everyday life, and am I being obedient to that prompting?
Should I focus In?
- Do my relationships with my believing friends impact my personal faith?
- Am I actively serving, building up, and discipling other believers?
- Do I invite other believers into my everyday life, and do I make myself transparent and vulnerable to them?
Should I focus Out?
- Do I make time for meaningful relationships with not-yet-believers?
- Am I looking after the least of these (the poor, vulnerable, forgotten)?
- Do my beliefs, combined with my actions, communicate my desire to help introduce people to Christ?
“Go and make disciples…” (Matthew 28:19)
All of us who consider ourselves followers of Jesus Christ need to obey this great command. MultiplyMovement is a tool that is designed to provide a basic foundation of understanding to equip us to do just that!
“…teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:20)
MultiplyMovement is NOT to be used as, or approached like, a “Bible study” or a “program”. Instead, it IS a resource to be utilized as you disciple the people God has placed in your life… your children, your family members, your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers or classmates, etc.
“And surely I am with you always…” (Matthew 28:20)
As you use this (or any other) tool, be sure to always submit to, and be led by, the Holy Spirit. This is NOT content to “get through”, but content to “get through you”, to live out! Always prioritize taking time to share prayer requests, discuss personal sins and struggles, and hold each other accountable to living out the truths of God’s Word.