Access your online giving account
Want to view your account, change recurring giving, or see giving history? Click here!
Donate Stocks or Other Non-Cash Assets
Do you have questions?
Thank you for your interest in giving to support the work of God through Bridgeway Community Church.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online Transactions and Reporting:
- How do I access the old giving page?
- Our old giving platforms are no longer active or accessible. If you would like to check your giving history, please go to bridgeway.onlinegiving.org
- How do I view everything I've given at the Bridgeway Community Church?
- You can view your giving history in your profile at bridgeway.onlinegiving.org; if you don't have a profile, email or call us to speak with someone from the Finance team.
- How do I get my e-giving receipts and non e-giving receipts?
- Every time you give online, a transaction receipt will be sent via e-mail. We send out quarterly giving statements for celebrating giving, as well as the end of year statement for tax purposes, which go out mid-January of the following year. If you gave by cash, these statements will act as a receipt for your gift.
- How do I change my contact information?
- You can update your contact information on our Online Giving platform. To do so, you need to log into your account using either your email address, Google account, or even your Facebook account! When logged in, click on the “Your Account” dropdown in the top-right, and then click "My Profile" to make any changes.
Online Giving Functionality:
- Can I make a one-time or a scheduled donation?
- Yes. The systems that we provide enable you to make a one-time contribution or schedule a recurring weekly or monthly contribution that comes out of your bank account on the days/dates that you specify.
- Can I give to a specific ministry?
- If you are moved to support a specific cause, we encourage you to donate directly to that ministry, with confidence that we will apply 100% of your donation directly to the work of that ministry. There are several ministries that you can choose to support.
- What if I want to change credit cards or adjust the date/amount of a contribution?
- You can change the details of an existing schedule at anytime (i.e. credit card used, dates, frequency, or amount). You may also delete a scheduled gift.
- Can I give to the Bridgeway with my mobile phone?
- Giving with Bridgeway is now even easier! Just text “Give” and the amount you would like to give (ex: Give 50) to 442-244-9189! The first time you do this, you will be set a website link so that you can fill in your billing information, but once you’ve done it once, giving is fast, easy, and secure!
- Can I give to the Bridgeway with my smart phone app?
- We currently do not have an app, but you can access our website anytime from any device!
- How do I know if I set up my gift correctly or that the scheduled gift has been received each month?
- When your contribution is processed through one of the methods listed above, you will receive an email or text message confirming the gift, depending on which process you choose.
- Are there any fees involved in online giving?
- Bridgeway Community Church pays a processing fee for all financial gifts made to the church. You do not pay any fees.
** Donating by credit card is offered as a convenience. If using a credit card, we encourage you to use it wisely and to avoid debt service.
General Stewardship and Giving Questions:
- What is a Tithe?
- The tithe is an Old Testament practice whereby farmers (Abraham also did this before the law was introduced -- see Hebrews 7:2 and Genesis 14:20) would give 10% of their earnings to God. We use it as a principle, in our current day, to remind us that God deserves our first fruits. At Bridgeway, we believe giving, according to 2 Corinthians 9 is all about Grace Giving on the basis of God owning it all, and that we steward His stuff: time, talent, and treasure. The example of the tithe, not meant as compulsory, is that 10% of our earnings is a minimal amount that God would expect we give, but ultimately we give as much as we can back to God as an act of worship to Him. Stewardship is one of Bridgeway’s 7 Core Values.
- What is an Offering?
- An offering, at Bridgeway, is a donation given as a supplement to a tithe, to a particular cause, ministry, or initiative, that connects with you individually.
- Can you share some stories from people’s experience in giving?
- We certainly wouldn’t advocate to give as a way to get something in return. However, we believe that the principles of giving, as outlined in the Bible are compelling to understand that God blesses those who give to Him. And yes, here’s an experience from a Bridgeway giver.
- What does my gift support?
- Your gift enables Bridgeway Community to fulfill its mission to, Save, Equip, and Send out soul-winners for Jesus Christ. It also supports the operations of the church and its more than 200 ministries.
- Can I give stock, real estate, appreciated securities or other non-cash gifts to the Bridgeway?
- Yes. Please see the section Donate Stocks or Other Non-Cash Assets above.
- Can I give to the Bridgeway by check?
- Yes. Please make checks payable to "Bridgeway Community Church". If mailing to Bridgeway, send to:
Bridgeway Community Church
ATTN: Finance Office
9189 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD 21045
- Can I speak with someone about an issue with my online giving to Bridgeway Community Church?
- Yes! Please fill out this form and someone will get in contact with you promptly. Our office hours are Tuesday-Friday 9a-5p.
- How can I give cash?
- You can place a donation in the bags during weekend worship services, or in one of the offering receptacles before or after service. For your convenience, offering envelopes are available where cash gifts are accepted [main lobby, theater entrance] to hold your cash or check donations.